Today is my birthday. So I’m sharing 28 things I’ve learned in my 28 years.
1. Pajamas are always a good idea. And they are even better when they don’t match at all.
2. It’s not baking if you don’t lick the beaters. Growing up my mom always encouraged licking the beaters!
3. It’s ok to not be ok sometimes. Not everyday is going to be the best day and I don’t have to fake it.
4. Take too many pictures. At the end of the day they are our best reminders.
5. Complimenting a stranger can make you a new friend. Especially if it’s the first day of 9th grade and you are shy.
6. As much as I want to, I will never be a mermaid. I’m too afraid of water.
7. Hugs, tears, and laughter are the best medicine. And most often for me, it’s in that order.
8. Be aware of how you are saying somethings is being perceived. While you can’t control how other’s take your words, it is important to be aware of how they are receiving them. It can save a relationship.
9. Trying new foods won’t hurt me. I am the pickiest eater ever and have always been scared to try new foods. But in the past few years I have been a bit more experimental and have been pleasantly surprised.
10. No matter how hard you try to make things happen in your own timeline, God’s will ALWAYS take over. And trust me, you definitely want things in His time not your own.
11. Waiting for something you really want SUCKS, but is always worth the wait.
12. It’s not about me.
13. Make sure you have people in your life that encourage you and lift you up. But also have people in your life that you can encourage and lift up.
14. It is entirely possible to trip while standing still.
15. Sing! Even if you are tone deaf, sing! It brightens the day!
16. I don’t have to be the first. I’m the youngest in my family, so naturally my brothers always did things first, and I hated it. I wanted to be the first, for at least something – whether it was just the first to reach the car, or the first to be finished with dinner. But being first doesn’t make a difference. Just use what you have to the best of your ability, and for the glory of the Lord, and you’ll be alright!
17. I will always be weird. And I’m learning to like that.
18. Being thin/skinny isn’t what makes people pretty. Your heart, your attitude, your confidence, how you love, your laugh, your smile, that is what makes us pretty.
19. Dance even if there is no music. And even if you don’t know how!
20. Dying my hair is not a good idea. One small color change can turn into a years worth of terrible hair.
21. You are never too old to watch cartoons on Saturday morning!
22. Curse words are dirty and don’t make any sentence sound better nor do they help get the point across.
23. Never wear matching socks – that way you always have a party in your shoes.
24. Don’t be afraid to get caught in the rain! And if you are lucky enough to be, then walk a bit slower and jump in every puddle.
25. Christmas music is meant to be played year round.
26. Laugh every day.
27. God is always the answer.
28. You are smarter than you think.